oh hi there!
Looking for an experienced relief vet you can trust?
NICE TO MEET YOU
I’m Dr. Jennie Marvelle!
I’m a reliable and friendly small animal relief veterinarian serving Maine. I have:
- over 10 years of general practice experience
- over 9 years of emergency experience
- a DEA license and USDA certification
- certification in veterinary acupuncture
- professional liability insurance
Please enjoy clicking around.
If you have any questions, contact me.
i take your trust seriously
My priorities? Keeping your clients happy. Fitting in with the team you’ve nurtured.
Working at your practice is the ultimate responsibility. That’s why I prioritize:
- working well with your staff
- being courteous and polite to owners
- respecting and maintaining your protocols
- always being punctual and organized
“She truly goes above and beyond…is extremely thorough, and is one of, if not the most compassionate person I’ve ever met.”
A lot has factored into selecting a veterinarian for my dog Aria’s unique health profile. Aria has a number of chronic conditions that we deal with on a daily basis, and have consulted with specialists all over New England. Aria first started seeing Dr. Marvelle for acupuncture, and we truly could not have had a more positive experience. From then on, we used Dr. Marvelle for all of Aria’s veterinary care, even living over an hour away from where she practiced. [She] is always well informed on the newest practices of medicine. I trust Dr. Marvelle wholeheartedly with Aria’s care, and that is something I am extremely thankful for!
PET OWNER AND PROFESSIONAL PET RESCUER
“Jennie is a great conscientious veterinarian and a wonderful person.”
“She is confident, assured, and current in the field.”
Jennie was one of the most compassionate associate veterinarians I have had the pleasure to work under. I enjoyed working with Dr. Marvelle.
“No matter what is happening she is the go-to for diagnosis, emergencies, and the most caring support you could ever find in a veterinarian.”
Jennie has taken care of our cats through the best and worst of times from routine visits, lung cancer, being hit by a car, to being attacked by a dog. Her approach is thorough, organized and professional.
Kara and Devin
PROUD OWNERS OF “TIPSY”
Licenses, insurance and more
1. Maine State license
2. DEA license
3. USDA certification
4. Fear Free certification
5. CVA (Certified Veterinary Acupunture)
6. Professional liability insurance
7. Health insurance
8. American Veterinary Medical Association membership
9. Maine Veterinary Medical Association membership
Education and training
1. Undergraduate degree: Gettysburg College
2. Veterinary degree: Texas A & M College of Veterinary Medicine
3. Acupuncture certification: International Veterinary Acupuncture Society
4. Fear Free certification
5. Suicide prevention training: QPR Gatekeeper
I understand that sometimes circumstances denote that scheduled work needs to be cancelled or changed. Any cancellations made outside of 30 days prior to the booked date will not incur a fee. However, cancellations made within 30 days of the agreed upon schedule will levy a 50% charge (ex. 4 hours billed for 8 hours scheduled) per day unless that date is re-booked. This protects me from loss of work when scheduling advanced bookings. Loss of bookings on short notice may not be able to be replaced. A good faith effort will be made on my own part to re-book any cancelled dates. However, it can be difficult to book specific dates on short (less than 30 day) notice. This policy is discretionary and will be applied on a case-by-case basis
questions? need a quote?
I’d love to hear from you.
looking for more?
Here’s some fun stuff.
ORIGINALLY, I MOVED TO MAINE FOR:
the opportunities to get outside and hike and kayak with my best buddy, Maggie Mae. What I’ve found here… are great friends. Friends to hike and kayak with, but also friends to play great music with, to sample great beer with, and to share my love of animals with.
MY FAVORITE PART OF AFRICA WAS:
bungee jumping over Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
EVERY YEAR FOR 3 YEARS, I HAVE:
completed the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. I really enjoy reading!
I SPEND MY WEEKENDS:
kayaking, hiking, reading, touring breweries, listening to live music and playing my electric bass.
I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT:
my husband and our crazy zoo:
- our dog: Maggie Mae, a 16 year old Australian Cattle Dog
- our four cats: Finnegan, Nemo, Meeko and Patrick
- our three Harry Potter chickens: Tonks, Granger and Buckbeak